Oudong Temple - Phnom Penh
Oudong, 40 km from the city center. We have several visits are planned along the way: first, the village of goldsmiths along the Tonle Sap, manufacturing souvenir center, then continue to Phnom Oudong, one of the ancient capitals of Cambodia after Angkor. The hill is topped by deformed stupas of former kings and a new magnificent stupa used to house the centre of the Buddha. From the top, you admire the scenic landscapes of villages, pagodas, plains, lakes. Visit the various temples and the three large stupas where the ashes of three former kings are preserved. Next, visit the most impressive structure of the site, the "Vihara of the 18-Cubit Buddha". Transfer back to Phnompenh.
Originally stored at the monument in front of the railway station in Phnom Penh and later Wat Phnom, the bone has had a new temple built top the mountain and is now the tallest one of three temples that exist there.
After a 10 to 20 minute climb from the base of the mountain you will be able to witness a wonderful view down to the surrounding Wats, rice fields and floodplains. The music from the Wats often drift upwards from below to add some magic to this place.
You can then stroll between the peaks of the mountain to behold the majestic temples and stupas present there and that are steeped in Cambodian history.
One of the most famous stories is the one which surrounds the old Chinese Buddha temple which now lays in a stage of disrepair on the southern most peak.
This temple contains a large statue of Buddha built by the Chinese. Ordinarily a statue of Buddha is built to face the east to greet the rising sun, in the case of this Buddha it was built to face China. It is thought that this was to move the power of a sleeping dragon that lies within the mountain over to China.
- Phnom Penh
- Full Day
Phnom Penh Hotels
- Okay Boutique Hotel
- Arunreas Hotel
- Hotel Cambodiana
- Villa Sovanna Boutique Hotel
- The Plantation Urban Resort and Spa
- VILLA Silk Road Hotel
- TeaHouse Asian Urban Hotel
- Double Leaf Boutique Hotel
- Grand Waterfront Hotel
- Harmony Phnom Penh Hotel
- Aquarius Hotel and Urban Resort
- Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Phnom Penh Tours
- Essential Phnom Penh tour 3Days
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Homestay tour 2Days
- Phnom Penh Highlights tour 1Day
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Prasat Bakan tour 2Days
- Best of Phnom Penh tour 2Days
- Phnom Penh in details tour 4Days
- Phnom Tamao - Tonle Bati & Phnom Chisor tour 1Day
- Oudong tour 1Day
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Kratie - Kompong Cham tour 3Days
- Sambor Prei Kuk tour 1Day