Phnom Baset - Phnom Penh
Fast, rocky down hill. You can take some side trails to get to more rock face riding. Many large rocks and downhill. Also has many stairs that you cn play around on. Expert riders wil love it and beginners need to take their time.
The Phnom Baset is a steep hill, north-west of Phnom Penh. You follow the National Road 5. 12 km north of the Japanese Friendship Bridge, at Preak Phnov, a vivid market, you turn left and follow the asphalt, then laterite road to the West. After 12 km the road bends half right. At your right hand sight you see a golden 'pagoda' topping the Phnom Basset. An narrow asphalt road runs up the hill.
The Prasat Phnom Baset is situated on a terrace on the north slope of this hill. It is a rectangular brick edifice, 12 m west-east by 8.45 m north-south. It shelters a rounded granite rock, with a natural grotto, facing west. The temple also opens west.
Scholars are at issue if it was vaulted with brick or covered with light material. The entrance door is framed by sandstone colonnettes and a lintel showing foliage. The outer walls are decorated with reliefs of palaces. At the East is a false door of brick.
Aymonier has visited the site in 1882 and saw "sculptured debris, altars, pedestals, bas-reliefs representing Shiva on the bull Nandi, Vishnu on Garuda". Nothing has remained.
Scholars suppose that the temple was built around the middle of the 8th century. Recent constructions of Neak Ta shrines have damaged and are defacing the temple.
The Great Buddha
Preah Aung Thom in an enormous, impressive lying Buddha, carved from the granite rock, amended with cement, and recently painted. The figure measures 21 m in length and 6 m in height.
- Phnom Penh
- Full Day
Phnom Penh Hotels
- Villa Sovanna Boutique Hotel
- Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
- The Plantation Urban Resort and Spa
- Diamond Palace Resort & Sky Bar
- Okay Boutique Hotel
- VILLA Silk Road Hotel
- Double Leaf Boutique Hotel
- Grand Waterfront Hotel
- TeaHouse Asian Urban Hotel
- Arunreas Hotel
- Harmony Phnom Penh Hotel
- V Hotel Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh Tours
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Prasat Bakan tour 2Days
- Phnom Penh Highlights tour 1Day
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Homestay tour 2Days
- Essential Phnom Penh tour 3Days
- Phnom Penh in details tour 4Days
- Best of Phnom Penh tour 2Days
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Kratie - Kompong Cham tour 3Days
- Oudong tour 1Day
- Sambor Prei Kuk tour 1Day
- Phnom Tamao - Tonle Bati & Phnom Chisor tour 1Day