Tonle Bati, Phnom Penh
Tonle Bati, Phnom Penh - Phnom Penh
Tonle Bati is a small lake and popular picnic spot for the locals - bamboo picnic stands and mats by the water. On the road to Tonle Bati there are two Angkorian era temples, Ta Prohm and Yeay Peau. Both temples were built under Jayavarman VII in the late 12th century during the same period that Bayon and Angkor Thom in Siem Reap were constructed.
Ta Prohm is the more extensive and impressive of the two, displaying a number of very well-preserved carvings. Yeay Peau is a single sandstone tower situated next to an active pagoda displaying some carvings. The area has been occupied and temples present since the pre-Angkorian Funan period and Ta Prohm was modified and extended as late as the 16th century.
Tonle Bati is nothing but a lake. Just an ordinary lake. There’s absolutely nothing special about it. At the weekends Tonle Bati is rather popular with locals who rent one of the small wooden floating sheds and laze in the sun or go fishing. Apart from this there’s nothing to do or see.
Bus: Buses depart for Takeo every hour from the Phnom Penh Sorya Transport bus station. Get off at at Tonle Bati at the 35km road marker and take a motodup to the base of the temples.
- Phnom Penh
- Full Day
Phnom Penh Hotels
Phnom Penh Tours
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Prasat Bakan tour 2Days
- Phnom Penh in details tour 4Days
- Phnom Penh Highlights tour 1Day
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Kratie - Kompong Cham tour 3Days
- Sambor Prei Kuk tour 1Day
- Essential Phnom Penh tour 3Days
- Oudong tour 1Day
- Best of Phnom Penh tour 2Days
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Homestay tour 2Days
- Phnom Tamao - Tonle Bati & Phnom Chisor tour 1Day